In today’s world, schools no longer need to be limited by building design, physical location, or traditional
ways of teaching.
The schools of the 21st century should be versatile community learning centers that:
- Make learning relevant to a student’s interests and ambitions;
- Teach practical skills like group collaboration and self-management;
- Provide engaging educational opportunities both inside and outside the classroom;
- Offer a variety of student-designed pathways to graduation;
- Emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, multicultural perspectives, global contexts, technological proficiency, and other real-world skills that will prepare every student for success in the colleges, careers, and communities of the future
Personalized learning encourages students to take greater responsibility for their education, be more
thoughtful and goal-oriented about the educational choices they make, and use
their time in school more purposefully.